Your local Oklahoma City fire damage restoration company ServiceMaster Restoration by RSI has handled thousands of fire damage cleanups. We know how devastating a fire can be for your family, which is why we are committed to providing excellence in service and cleaning—with a team on-call 24/7 and direct communication with your insurance company.
If you experience fire damage, your home is in great hands with ServiceMaster Restoration by RSI, but avoiding a fire entirely is optimal.
FOLLOW THESE SIMPLE TIPS FROM OUR TEAM OF EXPERTS TO KEEP SAFE AND MINIMIZE THE RISK OF FIRE THIS WINTER:
- Map out escape routes and set a meeting place for the family in the event of a fire.
- Test the smoke detectors on every floor of your home regularly.
- Teach you family how to use fire extinguishers.
- Have the furnace inspected annually.
- Before you use the fireplace or wood burning stove this winter, have the chimney inspected.
- Space heaters are excellent for keeping a room warm, but they also pose a fire risk. Purchase a heater that is programmed to shut-off if it tips. Do not use an extension cord, and never use the heater in the restroom or around other water sources.
- Replace candles with alternative light sources that do not have an open flame. If you do you use candles, always snuff them before leaving the room for any length of time.
- Keep heater vents clear.
If you still experience an Oklahoma City area fire damage disaster, call the fire damage restoration professionals at ServiceMaster Restoration by RSI.
Photo by Rob Swytsun