Whether you are in a home or business, carpet stains are almost inevitable to avoid. That is why the Oklahoma City carpet cleaning experts at ServiceMaster Restoration by RSI have some helpful DIY tips and tricks on how to remove stains from carpeting.
When a stain or spill occurs on your carpet, the best time to remove the stain and prevent them from staining is immediately after it occurs. Remember to always pretest a small sections of the stain to make sure the cleaning agents are effective and do not cause damages to your carpet such as bleeding and discoloration.
HOW TO GO ABOUT REMOVING A CARPET STAIN:
- Confirm that the cleaning agents you are using are appropriate for the situation. For example, you do not want to use wood floor cleaners to clean carpeting.
- For liquid stains, using towels, sponges or mops, blot as much of the liquids up as possible.
- For a dry stain, try using the dull edge of a knife to gently loosen and scrape the dried particle off the carpet. Once you have done this, use a vacuum to collect the pieces that have broken off.
- Do not pour cleaning agents directly on the stain. Doing this could cause chemical runoff or the stain to bleed. Instead, dampen your cloth with the solution and blot the area.
- When blotting stains, work from the outer edges of the stain towards the center.
- Constantly use a clean section of cloth when blotting any stain.
- Repeat the blotting process as many times as necessary until the stain is lifted or there is no longer a transfer spot on your towel.
- When the stain has been removed, blot the area with water to remove any excess residue.
To keep your carpets in the best condition, remember to act fast when any spill or stain occurs. The sooner you are able to treat it, the better the outcome will be. But when you think it’s time to completely clean your carpeting, contact ServiceMaster Restoration by RSI for Oklahoma City carpet cleaning services. We’ll deep clean your carpets to remove stubborn stains, life dirt, restore color, and help prolong the life of your carpeting.
Contact our office today to learn more about our Oklahoma City carpet cleaning services and how we can help serve you!